Meeting held via TBE board on FB
Called: Arvid Andersen
Invited to the board, Deborah Soete
Meeting held on:
Last modified on:
· New member of the board, Igor Liubarsky. Is working on the restoration of borzoipedia. Report to the board on progress and need of support!
· Deborah Soete was appointed associated member but has not taken part in any activities and have not, due to family matters, been able to work on the borzoipedia program. Ask if she will take a rest from the board and come back later – or resign?
2. The Secretary post is vacant. Marina Cornaglia has been suggested! If she accepts must she and other members learn the borzoipedia program!
3. Treasurer’s report,
4. First General meeting (TBE Council)
a. Date for the general meeting – 2021-09-10.
b. Location: City of Varaždin, Croatia.
c. Suggest Maja Cosic as the TBE delegate to the Sighthound Club of Croatia, to make all arrangements for the meeting and communication with the arranging Club.
d. Organisation of the meeting – Who pays for what and who charges for what?
– There will be a fee for the participants – paid to the Sighthound Club? YES/NO
– Sighthound Club can organise and pay the location, food, panellists, catalogue.
– TBE should pick a delegate and possibly pay for him/her to visit and supervise the meeting
– The rest of the panellists we hope to finance from the fee, or can TBE pay for them?
– Who will be named as an organiser? Suggestion: The borzoi Encyclopedia and Sighthounds Club of Croatia
e. Possible risks caused by the Covid 19 make it possible that the meeting can not be held.
f. Appoint a group to help Maja Cosic with the planning of the event. Members in the group can be board members but also volunteers from the borzoi community.
g. Report to the board in this FB group of progress in the planning of the TBE council
5. Question from the board not on the agenda
6. Date of next meeting
7. End of today’s meeting
1. Constitution of the Borzoi Encyclopedia. You find it on the website under “About us”! Changes to the constitution must normally be decided on the Encyclopedia council held every third year. A council can, in case of urgency, be called by the board.
2. We have one new member, Maja Cosic and as associate member, Deborah Soete.
Reports: Can be posted ahead of the meeting.
3. Financial status report – Treasurer
4. Status of content of TBE, report – Chief editor
5. Program development, report – Deborah Soete
6. Membership in TBE. Do we have to charge a fee?
· Would 10€ be acceptable.
· Would 50€ be accepted for life membership?
7. Appoint a group to form an offer to National borzoi clubs: Publish a presentation of the club on the front page and allow for the club to post information about activities the club wants to share with the borzoi world.
Any other suggestion how to engage the borzoi clubs, for instance:
· Offer to keep their logo on our bottom-line banner or elsewhere
· A “Club news window” similar to New updates. (Any such solution needs the active work and support from Deborah!).
· Cost of 30€ per year.
8. Approval of the new logotype.
9. To use the new logotype in correspondence, presentations and on business cards.
10. Use the new logo on other media, FB etc.
11. Change Chairman to President. Must be included in the constitution.
12. Appoint a Vice President, same as for president.
13. Do we approve of the following:
· New logo,
· The new borzoipedia version
· Go from free membership to a yearly fee (date?)
· In the constitution, change of Chairman to the internationally used President
· Appoint one or more members of the board to update the constitution (can ask for help from outside the board). Report to the board within 3 months.
· Do we consider that the board must call for an extra ordinary meeting or can the board decide changes alone?
· Appoint one or more members of the board to head a committee to arrange the next ordinary members meeting (council) in connection with upcoming major events, for instance:
– IBC meeting in Australia 2020: Who will attend?
· Prepare a report for a TBE delegate to present at the IBC meeting!
· Relations with IBC, report from Kristina Terra. Will TBE be on the agenda?
– Swedish borzoi club 50 year celebration in 2021/22
– Eurosighthound show in 2021 in Croatia
– IBC conference in Holland in 2023/24
– Report back to the board within 3 months.
14. Address members concerning the GDPR law or are the application form being approved and signed when becoming a member enough? Example of content to a letter!
· Contact settings (New member form): By clicking the checkmark you allow other members to contact you via your personal contact form which keeps your email address hidden. If you don’t click the checkmark your contact form is not available to other members. Note that site administrators are still able to contact you.
· Membership fee:
· I choose to pay 10€ as a yearly membership fee for the Borzoi Encyclopedia and will pay for the coming year via the Support TBE box on the front page (link).
. I choose to pay 50€ and become a life member.
· I Accept the terms (New member form): By clicking the checkmark, I confirm and agree to the above! (To let the Encyclopedia have access to your name, kennel-name, country and e-mail-address.
· If you choose not to agree with the terms and leave the checkmark empty, you will be notified that your membership will have to end!
· If necessary, do changes accordingly to the New member form
15. In order for the Encyclopedia to be around for a very long time we must find a way to increase income. It is still a valid fact that we must reach a certain level of visitors to attract sponsors. This is closely associated with the look and feel of the program. To reach that level we must continue to work on the program. The one who can do this is Deborah. We must offer her all the help she wants. We must be aware that she has a family, she works full time, is a FCI judge for several sighthounds so this is a very time consuming interest. We must do everything we can to keep her in charge of the program. If she needs to hire help, then we must find a way to let that happen.
16. Updating of studbooks, missing countries, contemporary records (how to obtain new data). Ask cunning people in countries to be in charge of their Studbook? Suggestions!
17. Decide what is allowed to use as source. Margaret Davis studbooks, official electronic studbooks, official printed studbooks, other?
Historical information regarding people and places? Any known restrictions?
18. Sponsors? Suggestions!
19. Other questions!